Guest Blogging Guidelines
Thank you so much for your interest in writing a post for Cheesecakedolls.com! We are so excited to get this little ball rolling and have people like you join us for the ride.
The type of content we’re looking for
Our number one goal with this blog is to make it a great resource for people looking for tips and tricks on the vintage lifestyle… be it beginners, people who are just learning about vintage hair and clothing, to the more experienced looking for new tricks to pull out of their delicate pockets!
Every topic we run has to be of interest to our readers and provide some direct value. If you think you can give us an article/post/resource like that then you’re just the person we’re looking for!
Some fine details:
- List posts, tutorials, quick how-to posts… they’re all good as long as they make the thing described above possible.
- Think, Pin-up/Vintage + what can you do to help the pin-up community, or what useful piece of info can you share with it.
- The content needs to be original. As in, never before published anywhere else.
- I really can’t emphasize this enough, your content cannot violate any copyright laws.
Some of our posts for examples:
- We haven’t done much… yet... so here’s one 😛
- 500+ words please
- Images, images, images!
- Examples, examples, examples!
- Internal links to other content on our site (if possible)
- Good headings and subheadings
Also include a URL link to your website or social media profiles in a bio box. No keyword-optimized links allowed. Example:
- Good link: shutterandflash.ca
- Bad link: Best Calgary Photographer EVER
We read and go through all submissions. If you send it, we’ll read it! And you’ll get an answer too. However:
- It might take us 1-2 weeks before we get around to your submission.
- Please wait at least 3 weeks before resubmitting
- Our publication schedule is still up in the air, so you might have to wait up to 3 months to get your work published. That being said, if we totally LOVE your article, we might rush it through… to, like next week.
Oh and by the way, make sure to use the word Butterflies somewhere in your pitch. That way, we know you’ve read the guidelines. We’re doing cntrl+f on all submissions, so if the word isn’t found, you may not receive a response from us.
How to get your work published here:
- Start by coming up with 3 headline ideas that you think could work well.
- Tell us exactly how our readers will benefit from each of those posts.
- Send your ideas via email (email@example.com) with subject title “Guest Blogger”
- We will take a look at them, reach back to you and let you know what’s next!
If you need photography services to go along with your blog post please let us know. We'd be happy to help out!
The Cheesecake Dolls Team